Sales: 866.BIG.APPLE (244.2775)
Rentals: 212.MOBILITY (662.4548)
|Mobility Equipment Rental Agreement.|
Big Apple Mobility rents to Renter signing or clicking the `I agree to the Terms and Conditions Box', accept this mobility equipment (scooter, manual wheelchair, electric wheelchair, kneewalkers, ramp and transport chair )agreement subject to all the terms and conditions set forth and Renter agrees:
1. The mobility equipment is the property of Big Apple Mobility and is in good condition. Renter will return the mobility equipment in the same condition as when received, at the end of the rental period for inspection and recharge of battery (if necessary), or sooner, upon the demand by Big Apple Mobility. Big Apple Mobility may repossess the mobility equipment without demand at any time if it is used in violation of the terms of this agreement.
2. The Renter may cancel this reservation 72 hours prior to delivery with a cancellation fee equal to 50% of Rental. In the event Renter cancels this order within 72 hours; Renter will be charged a cancellation fee equal to 100% of Rental.
3. At the conclusion of the initial rental period, Renter may renew the rental at the orginial rental rates with the same terms and condition applied.
4. Big Apple Mobility shall not be liable or responsible for the loss of or damage to any property left, lost, damaged, stolen, stored or transported by Renter, its agents, servants, or employees, or any other person on the scooter, either before or after the return thereof Big Apple Mobility. Renter assumes all risk of such loss or damage and waives all claims against Big Apple Mobility by reason thereof and Renter agrees to hold Big Apple Mobility harmless from and to defend and indemnify Big Apple Mobility against all claims based upon or arising out of such loss or damage.
5. The Renter assumes all risk and liability for any loss, damage or injury, including death, to persons or property of Renter or others arising out of the use, operation or driving of the mobility equipment.
6. Renter is responsible for the mobility equipment and will reimburse Big Apple Mobility $1,000.00 for the scooter or $500 for the manual wheelchair and/or ramp, for the full cost of replacement upon demand for any damage, loss, theft, or destruction of the mobility equipment. The Renter understands and authorizes that Big Apple Mobility will charge the credit card used for any repair costs or the replacement costs of the mobility equipment.
7. The following restrictions are cumulative and each shall apply to every use, operation or driving of the mobility equipment. Under no circumstances shall the mobility equipment be used, operated by any person: a) under the age of 18; or b) while under the influence of intoxicants or narcotics; or c) in an unsafe manner.
8. The Renter shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless Big Apple Mobility, all of their agents, officers, servants, and employees from and against any and all losses, liability claims, damages, injuries, demands, actions and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related to any loss, damage or injury claimed by persons that may arise from the use, operation or driving of the mobility equipment, provided that such loss or damage was not caused by the fault or gross negligence and willful misconduct of Big Apple Mobility or its employees.
9. The Renter assumes all costs and expenses of every kind and nature, including legal fees and disbursements arising out of and in connection with the use, operation or driving of the mobility equipment.
10. Big Apple Mobility assumes no liability or responsibility for any acts or omissions of Renter or of Renter’s agents, servants, or employees.
11. The Renter shall require drivers to operate the scooter with reasonable care and diligence and comply with the terms of this agreement. Renter shall notify Big Apple Mobility immediately of any and all accidents and damage resulting from the use, operation or driving of the mobility equipment.
12. The Rental agrees to pay all costs, expenses, and attorney’s fees incurred by Big Apple Mobility in collecting sums due or in regaining possession of mobility equipment or in enforcing or recovering any damage, losses or claims against Renter.
13. The Renter or the driver of the mobility equipment shall in no event be deemed the agent or employee of Big Apple Mobility in any manner or for any purpose whatsoever.
14. Any individual executing this Agreement as Renter in a representative capacity shall be bound personally, jointly and severally, with such fiduciary, corporation or other entity as to all obligations, expressed or implied, arising hereunder.
15. If any provisions hereof or the application of any provisions to any person or circumstance is held invalid or unenforceable, the remainder hereof and the application of such provision to other persons or circumstances shall remain valid and enforceable.
|Credit and Debit Card Policies|
Big Apple Mobility accepts most major credit cards as credit identification, security deposit and payment at the time of rental.
Big Apple Mobility reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to seek a Debit Card authorization hold in excess of the estimated rental charges. When using a debit card at Big Apple Mobility there may be a minimum hold of $500 and a maximum hold of the estimated rental charges will be placed on your account.
Upon returning the vehicle, Big Apple Mobility will process a release of the unused portion of the hold subject to your Bank's procedures. The hold may take up to 2 weeks to be released by your bank.
If you fail to return the device as agreed, Big Apple Mobility will obtain additional authorizations from your account to cover the rental charges and the balance value of the scooter.
Big Apple Mobility is not responsible for any returned checks or over-drafts based on this policy.
Positive identification in addition to your driver's license may be required.
Cash or Check cards can be used at the end for payment of rental charges.
Note: Prepaid Debit/Gift cards are not acceptable methods of credit identification. One of the above mentioned cards must be presented. Prepaid Debit/Gift cards are accepted at time of return only.
|No Show Policy|
As a courtesy to fellow customers kindly cancel any unneeded reservation as soon as your plans change.
If an unwanted reservation is not cancelled at least 72 hours prior to the Delivery time or if the customer fails to pick the scooter up after it been drop off as requested, a cancellation fee equal to 100% of the rental will be apply.
Scooters are due back at the date/time specified on the rental agreement. If you need to extend your rental, you must call us prior to expiration.
|Out of Battery|
Scooters are fully charge at the time of delivery, customer is responsible to charge the battery as needed. If you forget to charge the battery and become stranded, you may call us and request a delivery of a fully charged battery, at a fee of $25 during business hour and $30 all other time.
|Reserve Online or Call 212-Mobility (662-4548)|
|Copyright 2008-2013, Big Apple Mobility Corporation. All rights reserved.|